On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Rich Thomas via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I am looking at Torque v. DashCommand.  Both apparently require buying
> "sub-apps" for each vehicle or vehicle type or something to get all the
> data streams?  I would want to run the app on my 2000 Suburban and 96
> Chebbie

Torque Pro code lists are all free (at least, all the ones I have seen).
 There are some non-free plugins but those aren't for core reading
functionality - they are things like recording video and whatnot.  I have
never felt a need to purchase anything beyond the core Torque package.

There is a Ford Truck plugin that I am using with the van - I assume the
Chevy has something similar.  Torque is smart enough to not display codes
that don't work, unless you tell it to do so.  Also, you can add any
code/PID/etc. that you like - it is pretty easy, I added a few for the
Escape Hybrid when I had it.

truck.  I am trying to figure out what I would need to do that, and what
> the full-up capabilities would cost.  Any idea on that?  Does the Torque
> pro version cover any vehicle with all the data stream?  I guess it's only
> $5 so no big

Thus, yes, the Pro version includes all the vehicles, and all public codes.
 The lists aren't completely comprehensive, but they are "pretty good" for
common vehicle types.

cost.  I saw some comment on some forum that the sub-app for DashCommand is
> $10 but not entirely sure.  I sent them an email to find out.

I have had good luck contacting the developer of Torque, he helped me with
the Escape.  However the forum is probably a better place to start.  You
could probably also check the forum for compatibility with any particular
Bluetooth reader.

 http://torque-bhp.com/obdforum/obd2/wpforumaction/viewforum/f/1.0

Best,
Tim