Thanks Max -
I have also replaced a couple with metal. This one has one end buried under the manifold making access difficult. But the good news is my Weber Carb Parts distributor has the correct threaded rods he will cut to order for me. But I may have to R&R the manifold to measure the rod length and check the orientation of each rod end.

I plan to order the rod and ball pin today from MB - they'll have it tomorrow and that will allow me to restore some reliability in the accelerator linkage...

The fun just never ends ;-)

Thanks again for the comments -
LarryT