i would not get anything other than an SSD drive on any machine that i was
looking to upgrade if the OS will be on that upgraded drive

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> The beauty of an SSD in a laptop, besides making it blindingly fast, is
> the increase in battery life you get due to the decrease in power
> consumption.
>
> If it's a beater, I understand, but if you're going to keep it for a while
> and it gets used regularly an SSD is a good investment.
>

> Dan
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Sep 1, 2014, at 6:37 PM, Rich Thomas via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > I wondered about that, Rick Hawkins the macman suggests a basic 1TB
> Tosh, $60 from Amazon.  I'll just go with that, cheap enough.
> >
> > --R
> >

> >> On 9/1/14 6:28 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
> >> I would avoid a hybrid drive, as they have had issues.
> >>
> >> Go with an SSD if you can deal with the lesser amount of space. It will
> make the machine scream.
> >>
> >> Dan
> >>
> >> Sent from my iPad

> http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Solid-Hybrid-2-5-Inch-ST1000LM014/dp/B00B99JUBQ/ref=pd_cp_pc_0

> application of Black Arts, the genii determined that the hard drive was
> going bad (wait, wait, I am detecting an incipient failure in the AE-435
> unit...) and the software update probably stressed it enough to pretty much
> make it so it did not want to work and boot and such.  They could not pull
> the one file off it I wanted, but suggested putting the drive in an
> external case might enable me to find and pull the file.  No big deal,
> about 1.5 hour of editing a doc, but still...  They did not charge me
> anything, that was nice.

> reanimate it.  They wanted $160 for a 500GB replacement, I think not.
> Should be able to do an internet OS load, if not the guy said I could come
> back in and they would do it all.

> free to share.

> ebola-infected 500GB HD.  It had some flavor of 10.8 OS which looked like a
> panther of some sort.

> individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com <http://www.BuyEUROparts.com>*