Jaime Kopchinski via Mercedes wrote:
Agreed... My buddy put them in his 124 and Regretted it.  He thought the
car was too soft and wanted it to ride like his modern BMW.

Back in the day, it was a pain sourcing Bilsteins for Saab 99s.
Comfort didn't seem to be available, all the aftermarket sources seemed to carry HD, which destroyed the ride. The advertisers in Road & Track sold them for about $40, FLAPS around $60. There were stiffer shocks that came on the EMS and Turbo models. They were exactly what you wanted for a sporty Saab. From the local Saab dealer they were between $400-500 for a set of four (in 1985 dollars!). I knew one guy who had a '76 or '77 Wagonback that he personalized. He put the EMS shocks on it, a fiberglass replica of the EMS front spoiler, and I think he might have even put an EMS steering rack in it but it had the normal GL steering wheel. He put the mail order Bilsteins on it at first but couldn't stand the ride.

Mitch.