 From: Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Linux (was Re:  Classic car "lock, stock and mac")

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014 11:54:37 -0700 clay via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Last night we wasted hours building a whole new gaming box for him.
> He has not sourced a GPU, so not going to know if it worked for a few
> weeks

I presume, then, that the motherboard doesn't have a built-in graphics
adaptor.

I had been using an EVGA 256-P2-N751-TR Geforce 8600gt 256mb 128-bit, but
got tired of rebuilding the NVidia proprietary driver each time the
kernel changed, so I removed the card and am using the on-board graphics
adaptor (an integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 on our ASUS M4A785TD-M-EVO
motherboard).

Craig