BTW, congrats on the nice-looking truck!

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Curt
Raymond via Mercedes
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 11:28 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] OT: The secret revealed

Today's trip to the Dodge dealer was a success and I returned with this:

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz353/curtludwig/IMG_20140904_163905569_z
psjlcqf19w.jpg

2010 Dodge 1500, 4 door (all the extended cab Dodges are 4 doors now), 5.7l
v8, 4wd, 5spd auto. We had tried a brand new one on Sunday and while we
liked it I just didn't want to pay that much money. This one was
considerably cheaper than new and only has 75,000 miles.

Anyway, goodbye rusty Ranger, hello fullsize truck goodness. Now if I need
to drag a car home I can do it with confidence. The Dodge is rated 1mpg
better on the highway than the Ranger. It'll be interesting to compare fuel
economy on long trips. The best I could ever squeak out of the Ranger was
19mpg, the Dodge is rated at 18 so it should at least hit 20mpg. Its geared
higher and should do well on the highway.

I do plan a couple upgrades, you'll notice the front end is very close to
the ground, its going to get a 2" leveling kit, maybe a new, smaller bumper
and probably a limited slip differential.

I'm debating what to get for a diff, I'm debating between a Detroit TruTrac
or an ARB air locker. The TruTrac is gear only, doesn't require friction
modifiers and is half the cost of an ARB while the ARB would give better
offroad performance and the option of a front locker if I wanted to get
really serious.

-Curt

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has
no control over the content of the messages of each contributor.