Folks

My 82 300td had been running like crap. The intake and exhaust manifolds were
falling off … three nuts were missing out of 7

We pulled it all apart. Everything was full of soot. LOTS OF SOOT. I've been
covered in grease and carbon black for days. We cleaned it all.

 Since the turbo seemed to have a lot of play, we took it all apart, cleaned
the crap out of the inside of it and installed a center section rebuild kit …
bearings, seals, oil plates or whatever they are, etc … the kit was about $35
on ebay.  The shaft and the turbines looked great ….. i guess air filters are a
good investment

While i was messing with the car, i also replaced a banged up oil pan with a
new one and replaced the right side engine mount and messed with the engine
shock bushings …. i have a good unit on the right now, but none on the left.

i also eliminated the erg valve.

I'm going to replace a leaking transmission line and the flex hoses and do a
transmission service, next.

Today we finished putting it all back together.

It starts up and runs nice. I didn't have a chance to test drive it but i'll
report on that tomorrow after i'm sure that nothing is leaking oil

thanks,

xx rick
Rick Hawkins

www.javaphoto.com