eBay security flaw has existed for months

"Buy it now" button Listings clicked on eBay automatically directed users to
malicious websites

A flaw that has exposed eBay customers to malicious websites has been affecting
the site since at least February, the BBC has found.

Earlier this week it was revealed how clicking on some listings automatically
redirected users to the harmful sites.

EBay removed several posts, but said it was an isolated incident.

But the BBC has since found multiple listings, from multiple users, exploiting
the same vulnerability.

Furthermore, several readers contacted the BBC detailing complaints they had
made to the site.

In a statement, eBay said it had a dedicated team working on security, but that
criminals "intentionally adapt their code and tactics to try to stay ahead of
the most sophisticated security systems".
'Big problem'

A transcript from February this year showed user Paul Castle explaining the
issue, in detail, to eBay support staff.

"I was just browsing in Digital Cameras and came across a password-harvesting
scam," wrote Mr Castle during the online chat with eBay support staff.

Clicking on the listing link, Mr Castle explained, "transfers immediately to a
password harvest scam page".

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29279213

Note:  I couldn't sign in to Ebay yesterday without changing my sign in name
and password.  Ebay "assigned" me a new name! ROFL!
Gerry