'Reminds me of the new (8 hours on it when I left Sault Ste, Marie, MI) 1974 Cessna 177RG I flew with the entire family aboard on a trip from The Soo to eastern NC in summer of '74. 'Smelled like a new car; autopilot; very quiet; mighty fine airplane - a real hummer - it literally just hummed. I was the resident expert on that airplane by the time I returned it to The Soo. New cost was $38,000. 'Wonder what such as that would cost these days.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Thomas via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2014 10:13 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] B-36 With Tank Treads??, NOW 777

Back many moons ago I was going BOS-LHR on BA, got on a brand new 777 (was its 2nd flight). The FAs and pilots were all excited about it and spent a lot of time pointing out the new features and performance and such. I think the galleys were down below, there was an elevator for going up and down. It even smelled new, like a new car. After the fact I was thinking that flying a 2-engine plane trans-Atlantic on its 2nd flight might have been a bit risky, but no problems befell us so it was OK. At the time, the Scottish agricultural products provided in copious quantities and varieties dampened any concern I might have had.

--R