i'll probably get wolverine or red wing if i end up getting boots.  if i
moved to central florida, maybe i can justify them more as a tool for
dealing with the terrain.  right now, though, i live in a paved over
mangrove swamp with pumps to keep the water out.  totally just artificial
apart from the beach, which i suspect is even mostly artificial

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 6:27 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Truthfully, I wouldn't buy boots from A-E unless they were for dress. Red
> Wings are by far the very best boots I have owned, although it's been a
> long time since I've had any.
>
> That's the only boot my Dad would buy (he was also the one who introduced
> me to A-E) and he bought them for my brother and I as well.  I think the
> last pair I had I outgrew before they wore out....
>
> Dan
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Sep 29, 2014, at 4:06 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > I suppose they're the bees knees but their boots look like sizzle
> without steak to me. Far too showy to be tramping through the mud and guck.
> They do appear to have a good working tread, probably bought from the same
> supplier as my Red Wings are. That they don't mention being waterproof
> would make me nervous though...
> >
> > -Curt

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com <http://www.BuyEUROparts.com>*