Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
Yup.  Got $24 from buying a couple of five quart jugs of 0W-40 for the S420.  This was
the rebate you pointed me to on your "deals" site where people were squabbling
over whether or not Mobil would honor the rebate on purchases from WalMart.

Very close to the best deal I ever had on M1, which was a $2/qt sale at a convenience store in 1987. Back then it was common to find it for $3/qt on sale. Minimum wage was about $3.35, but the M1 was pure PAO base stock so it was probably worth a dollar's wage back then.

Mitch.