Yesterday I stole away from my Domestic Responsibilities for a few hours to
visit local collections of dead MBs.

The 124-parts Hunting Take:

(1) engine compartment heat shield, between exhaust/turbo area and the
coolant overflow/air filter box area.  This aluminum panel has some foil
covered fiberglass insulation which is very fragile and I tore it up pretty
bad the first time I took the head off my 124 wagon (aka The White Whale).
This item is NLA from MB Classic Center.  I found a 124 with 2.5 turbo
engine, which is slightly different but the key insulation components can
be re-purposed to fit an '87 124 diesel.

(2) A two-year-old Group 49 battery, still holding a decent charge, I think
Autocraft is the brand.

(3) Coolant temp/switch 006 545 4524, about $30 or so new.  This provides
switching for the aux cooling fan.

Total cost: $40

I've been spending a lot of time getting The White Whale put back together,
more in another post.

On my way home in my '95 E300, the HVAC fan stopped blowing ICE COLD AIR
over me, turns out the fuse had died.  It presented the typical failure,
where the fuse looks good but if you take it out and flex it a little, it
breaks right up.  New fuse installed, fan resumes blowing ICE COLD AIR...