Finished pulling the #14 last night.  Big time fissure in #5 cyl,
between the prechamber and exhaust valve--no residual soot buildup,
unlike the other cyls and coolant beads on cyl walls.  I caught it
just in time.  The head had major corrosion pitting near the front
coolant jacket and signs of deck hammering between #2 and #3 cyls as
well.  This head is beyond junk.

On 1/18/06, OK Don <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well - I'm glad I didn't bid against you - thought about it, then
> looked at the check book, and that my head is still OK, so didn't
> after all.

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler (211k)
'84 300D (207k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (186K)