In a message dated 1/19/2006 9:25:59 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

As does  this one, I think.  So my real question is whether or
not the 60 Hz  machine is synchronous or induction.  Induction
machines are much  harder to turn into generators.  And of course
the presence of extra  shaft length will be crucial as well.
The 60 Hz machine is 220/440, so  using it as a 120/240 generator
will be interesting as  well.

Jim,

The 125 KVA ones I had in the data center were induction start and
transferred to syncronous run.     Better ride  through.  Made by GE and some
big
German firm.

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ