> Craig wrote:
>
> What is your favorite pressure gauge?
>
> What type is it (stick, dial, digital, etc.)?

My favorite for the garage is one I built from a dial gauge and a
straight Schraeder fitting.  But the glass dial face doesn't travel
so well. (The glass is currently held together with shoego)

I also like my dual foot "stick", necessary for dual wheel - but it
also reads to 120 lb/in^2 (PSI) so it works for my load range E and F tires.

> How accurate is it? (I'll confess to being a stickler about
> accuracy.)

How do I tell?  None of them are certified traceable to NBS.  I'm
less concerned about accuracy as repeatability.  I want the
pressures to match more than be a particular number - that changes
with temperature.

> What is its range? (I'm getting new trailer tires which take 65
> psi.)

I have one that the top reading is about less 2 bar - for things
like lawnmower tires.  The dial max is 100 lb/in^2 (PSI) [about 7
bar]

> Or do you just not care?

I'm pretty good with a tire thumper, boot, or just my eye - but
when I drag out the compressor hose I nearly always use a gauge.