RB wrote:
 But, but, but, . . .  surely there is a clapped out, rusty MB diesel out
 there somewhere that needs to be saved.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/4737739685.html

It is even Baby Puke green for Kaleb!

Pretty good looking car, but rust in the rockers.

I'd say $2000 or $2500 is tops for someone who knows and really wants a 240D. I'd not expect him to get $3800 for it.

More likely a $1500 car.