DOT inspection is a requirement for both the truck and trailer. Insurance
for a commercial truck will shock your socks off. Trailer not so much.
License for truck will run in the thousands per year. Trailer license, if
done as a permanent tag could run in the $500 range [perhaps, depending on
what state you choose to register it in].

To drive said semi tractor, even without a trailer attached, you will be
required to hold a commerical license [more $$$, and more DOT physicals,
and more regulations..] If you get a ticket in your private vehicle, for
example, and hold a commercial license, it could cause loss of license and
fine at the commercial level.

I presently own two 53 ft trailers. Permanent license tags. It is much
cheaper to hire a driver with a semi tractor to move them with contents,
when I need to, than to own and maintain a tractor and commercial license.
[expect some delay, drivers are in short supply.]

Good luck...

Grant...