‎This is the answer to the US electrical needs of the future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_fluoride_thorium_reactor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorium-based_nuclear_power

http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21600656-thorium-element-named-after-norse-god-thunder-may-soon-contribute

And once again we will be beaten by the Chinese.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ambroseevans-pritchard/100026863/china-going-for-broke-on-thorium-nuclear-power-and-good-luck-to-them/

Of course thorium reactors do NOT Produce weapons grade anything, so our
government has no interest in it whatsoever. Also,  the waste decays in
centuries and not 10 to the nth power years.

With young adults in college as smart as this video shows, (if it isn't a
parody) we are pretty much screwed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRZZpk_9k8E&sns=em

Rick
Sent from my BlackBerry 10