      From: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
 To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:09 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fuel prices

That sounds very good.
I do not think my F150 will  match it.
In the summer, on the highway, I could get  20 to 22 mpg on my runs
from Winnipeg to the lake and back but I am talking about Imperial
gallons so deduct 20% for US gallons.
Not quite so good on my runs from Winnipeg to Grand Forks but that tends
to be wide open spaces and higher speeds so the wind and the higher
speed tend to work against me.
On the highway south the speed limit is 75 and we are usually a bit over
80 mph so that does not help.
I know with the 02 F150 it made a big difference if I kept the speed
down to about 60 mph. Load did not seem to matter but speed did.
The 13 F150 has a solid tonneau cover on the box too and some folks
claim that helps a lot. I have my doubts as to whether the difference is
measurable.
However, I really like it for security and for just keeping things dry
etc. Was well worth the cost.

These days, in town with the cold and short trips, I am doing about 12
mpg - again Imperial gallons.
It was -15 C this morning and is only up to minus 11 now at 3 PM.

RB