You obviously haven't checked out the Make movement... Young people are making
things like you wouldn't believe. You can't generalize about "young people"...
-Curt
      From: Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: "arche...@embarqmail.com" <arche...@embarqmail.com>; Mercedes Discussion
List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:52 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Generators

Now, I would have said that a traditionalist was a DIYer.
It is the young folks who have abandoned the DIY in favour of just
buying whatever they might need or want.
Some of that no doubt is because much more is readily available now and
the stuff from the far east is cheap.

In my father's day and before that, one had to either improvise or do
without. I grew up with that view and have been a long time DIYer.
However, I do acknowledge that I have many more ideas than I have items
that have been created. My basement and garage are full of odds and ends
I have saved or salvaged with a view to the idea that at some point I
would need or want them.

RB