And Ma'am for Madam - the ' for the missing D?  ;<)

Wilton, Southern born, bred and raised; even a Southern state-supported university education (plus lotsa other). Lost mosta my Suthernspeak probably 60+ years ago, but can still throw in a word or two occasionally; can even Yankiespeak (youse guys), Midwesternspeak, UPspeak (Uh ya, have a good dey, eh?), SouthernCAspeak and others. ;<)

----- Original Message ----- From: "WILTON via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com> To: "G Mann" <g2ma...@gmail.com>; "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2014 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Happy Thanksgiving!

Isn't that y'all?   ' for the missing ou?    ;<)

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "G Mann via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com> To: <arche...@embarqmail.com>; "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2014 9:39 AM

Ya'll is a proper address in common use south of the Mason Dixon line.

Ya'll Damn Yankees was the common address used until the forced insertion
of Political Correct upon the Southern Population. Still found in common
usage.

As a technical operative point, you are required to reside for 4
generations in the South before all the "Damn Yankee" is considered bred
out.. so there is no "half yankee"...

All unmarried ladies are addressed as "Miss". All married ladies are
addressed as "Mam" or "Yes Mam".  Hats are tipped, doors are opened, and
you rise when they enter a room. Apparently not taught in Nawthurn Yaankee
upbringin. ;))

Bless Ya'll,

Grant....
[Southern by birth with a name like Grant.. What were they thinking... )

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 7:10 AM, archer75--- via Mercedes <