Actually, as a percentage of their gross income their profit is lower than just about any other industry. (except maybe grocers) Oil profit is usually around 3%. It cost a huge amount to do all of the R&D, drilling dry holes, etc. I know they make a lot - but compared to other industries it's very low.

The people who really rake in the big bucks from oil sales is the government! They make their profit without any effort!

LarryT