      From: LarryT via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Friday, December 5, 2014 3:32 PM
 Subject: [MBZ] AT Does not engage 1st

Hello --
    About 4 years ago I bought one of Rusty's rebuilt AT''s.  It was
fine until about 3-4 months after the 2 year warranty expired when it
stopped engaging 1st.  it occasionally works but mostly it doesn't.  The
kick-down works perfectly for the 4-3 shift.

    I asked the list when it 1st happened and rec'd a couple of
suggestions - the thing that baffles me the most is that it works for
4-3 but not for 2-1.

    It's been a long time since I've been inside a AT and I can't think
of what might be the problem.  Maybe dirt in the valve body? maybe a
bad solenoid or something?

    any ideas?

Thx
LarryT
91 300D

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has no