Could be legit. I wonder if rubber cement would work or if the solvent would
eat the record. Maybe liquid latex? Its pretty benign stuff.
-Curt
      From: clay via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: fmiser <fmi...@gmail.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Friday, December 5, 2014 8:17 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Transcoding LPs to Digital

It may be fake, but I recall a CSI episode where elmers glue was used on a rare
jazz record to clean it up.  Spread it along the grooves to make a thin skin,
which goes deep into the groove and grabs all the kruft.  Once dry, just peal
it up and the recording is like new.  OR just hollywood smoke and mirrors.....

clay

On Dec 4, 2014, at 2:56 PM, fmiser via Mercedes wrote:

>> Greg wrote:
>>
>> Much of our collection other than classical music has been rode
>> hard and put away wet.  The audio restoration software of Sound
>> Forge produces a remarkable improvement in the listenability of
>> these LPs.
>
> A step I forgot to mention is to wash the LP.  Use dish soap, warm
> water, and fingers to scrub the crud off.  I try to keep the center
> label dry so it is less likely to come off.  Also, keep the
> scrubbing action fairly light and parallel to the groove.
>
> Playing the LP wet can make an amazing improvement in surface noise
> - but the water will creep up the stylus and can damage the
> cartridge so I play mine dry.  I happen to have a vacuum record
> cleaner so I use that, but a paper towel or a cleaning brush works
> okay.
>
> --  Philip

> individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has no