I agree about Pierre, I've met him several times and was impressed by his
knowledge and enthusiasm for old cars. I think he actually tracked me down
the first time we met, knowing I was the guy with that 240D website so many
years ago.  The MBCA needs more guys like him.

I made a strong effort this spring to get involved with the local MBCA
section, specifically during the June Jamboree.  I spoke to the section
president and national president, and former national president about ideas
to get more younger people in the club and bring the car back into the
picture.  Some were very enthusiastic about the ideas... I was asked to
join the local section as a board member.  I followed up with an email with
several ideas, and I volunteered to take over social media for the section,
which is sorely lacking.  Nothing became of it.  I received a reply that
they were already working on my ideas.  Meanwhile, the entire 2014 car
season has disappeared and I don't see any changes.

I have a garage full of old Mercedes I'm constantly working on and
improving.  I work for Mercedes Benz in research and development of new
products, and have an intimate knowledge of their products for the last 60
or so years.  Its safe to say these cars define much of my life
professionally and personally.  It would seem logical that I should find a
group of people with similar interests to share this passion, which why it
seems like a logical that I get involved with the club.

I'd still love to do it... maybe in 2015.  There is potential there.  I
know many people involved in these cars in this area who are not involved
in the club because they'd rather goto a car show and kick tires than visit
a museum and go out to eat.

Jaime

That is great to know about pierre.

Jaime, I wish you were local to our section in place of stuck in NJ. We'd love to have you.