> Curly wrote:
>

> I have internet from the cable company, but no cable tv.  Since
> the cable company can run tv and internet over the same cable in
> the house, is there a way I can take a coax from the antenna, and
> put that in the coax with the internet?

Technically - yes.  Practically - probably not.

> We installed coax over the whole house in 2001 (along with a lot
> of cat 5 so ethernet is available almost anywhere in the house.)

Is all that coax connected to a distribution system -
Amps/splitters/taps/etc?   If so, you should be able to feed the
antenna into the input of the distribution and have it show up
"everywhere".

Or does it at least all "home run" to/from  one location?  If so,
you could still feed the antenna to this "hub" location but only
hook up the lines you are using.

> I have tried running multiple coax from one MAKE.com antenna, but
> that does not work.

> The reservation I have about that is that what I found before was
> that if the cable was not continuous from the antenna to the tv,
> the signal was lost.  Even one splitter or coupling was enough to
> lose the signal.  I am not sure a signal amp would prevent that
> with the digital signal.

That doesn't make sense... A connector shouldn't degrade the signal
_that_ much.  A splitter should decrease the signal strength at the
TV by 3 dB - which isn't very much.

A small amp is typically 7-12 dB which should be more than enough
to compensate for the splitter losses.

Oh - and the best place for the amp is as close to the antenna as
you can practically put it.

> Back in the flat cable days, an antenna signal amp/splitter, and
> I could run flat cable all over the house.

That can be done with coax too.  Coax has higher loss per foot than
twin-lead - but coax is much less susceptible losses caused by
nearby metal.

--  Philip