Its easier. Disadvantage is that on too wide a building you can't get enough
strength to put up with significant snow load without lots of extra
structure.The other disadvantage is you get a short side or a very tall side...
-Curt
      From: Andrew Strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com>
 To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 11:22 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Holiday parties

What's the advantage of a single slope roof?

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Depends on how tall you want it. Thats a pretty easy size to work with. Figure
out what kind of roof you want and work from there. At that size and
considering where you live I'd say you could get away with a single slope roof
without too much worry.
I need to build a woodshed (really a drying shed) at camp, its probably going
to end up at 7' or 6.5' square so I can use 8' roofing with an overhang. We'll
be able to store just under 2 cords of firewood which when you add the half
cord we keep in a stack next to the camp will be plenty. It'll be a single
slope post and beam from spruce I'm going to cut onsite. I've got one upright
already cut although I need to modify an old boat trailer to haul it out of the
wood. I'd underestimated how HEAVY an 8" by 10' spruce tree would be, or maybe
I'd overestimated my ability to haul trees as I've aged.
-Curtnot that old yet.