B.O.A.T.   Bring Out Another Thousand.

Boat living isn't a move to the economy side of the world. All the comforts
of a small apartment, with all the maintenance of a large estate house,
with special pricing for all the "boat parts" because they are "boat and
special".

Add dock fees, shore power fees, sewer connection fees, [all at premium
price], then add haul out and dry dock fees to scrape the hull, refurbish
the [insert anything on the boat the dry dock folks find that "needs fixed
while it's out of the water"] and you could live in a large estate with a
circle drive and servants for less.

Then, with a boat, where do you park your car?  Work on your car/s?
Bad weather? Winter? All that boat needs protection. Storm? Hope you have
insurance that covers acts of God.

If you really love the water and boats, cost and inconvenience is no
object. If you don't have that level of intensity for the life, or lose it
while owning a boat, it becomes inconvenient. Very inconvenient. Purus the
"boats for sale" ads and you will find many fine boats for sale by owner
that are living testimony of that syndrome.

BTDT, cured.
If it floats, rent it.

Grant...