1.) Because it’s cool.

2.) I want a sedan, I’m really becoming disappointed with the SL (R129) from a
functional standpoint.  The convertible thing just isn’t my bag. It’s a novelty
I thought I would enjoy, and quite honestly, I like the car better with the
hard top on.

The car is in unbelievably good condition and has serious provenance (that
means history.)  It was overmaintained by the first owner, and all of the
records are with it.  The second owner hasn’t had it long enough to screw
anything up, other than putting a non-MB exhaust on it, and that’s easily
reversible.

I thought you liked W116s?

Dan