Cathey, Fred, whatever,.. that's all great, but perhaps you missed the part where i said i want a car, not a hobby..? i want a car for the utility it provides, and have no interest in locking myself into any car just for the sake of the challenge of keeping it running.

with Mercedes no longer being the Mercedes of old, i'll certainly not be buying a new Mercedes any time soon; MBUSA has made that a certainty.

cheers!

Cheeps break too, as do every asian car, and every NA car, and every european car and every indian and african built car. If you want reliable trans, ride a bus or fly a airline seat.

Or walk.

How many parts for 30 year old cheeps does cheep dealer have? How many parts for a 30 year old toada does the toada dealer have? Not many, I'd guess. But that does not mean that you can't get parts.

I don't consider my cars a hobby. But they are fairly cheap and easy to keep running. The MB mechanically injected Diesel is inherently reliable.

You can buy what you want. As for me and mine, we will buy old MBs as long as we can find them and keep them running.