You might want to offer him 90% of what he paid you to take it back, the 10% will be his tuition in the school of old Benz life. Then sell it again.

--R

On 1/11/15 8:33 AM, Jaime Kopchinski via Mercedes wrote:
So the guy that bought my 300D seems to have a bad case of buyers remorse
and unrealistic expectations.

I should have known, when he started asking questions after we made an
agreement.  I actually thought about calling it off, but I decided not to
since he saw the car in person, drove it, and had mailed a deposit.

Anyway, he's claiming that it starts poorly in cold weather and has low
compression... as low as 200psi warm.

I think I started him on his road to suspicion when I explained to him that
the car has a block heater. I told him I've never used it, but if he has
the time and the temperatures are below 20, its a good idea to use it as
its much easier on the engine when starting.  I explained this in a "thats
what its there for" way, but I think he interpreted it as "theres a problem
and this is the bandaid"

I always let these cars glow about 5 seconds after the light goes off,
press the accelerator down a bit like it says in the manual, and crank.
This car always started easily, and ran smoothly immediately.  One of the
better ones I've had, actually.  Conventional oil, 15F... it doesn't get
much better with these cars.

I'm at a loss.

I can deal with the guy having issues inside his own head, but when it
comes down to suggesting I've misrepresented the car, I take great offense.

Jaime