I had a door interlock mishap the other day, and our kitchen
microwave went dark.  I pulled it out this morning, and found
its line fuse dead.  (This is normal for the series when an
interlock 'fails'.)  The fuse is abby-normal, so I pulled one
from the parts oven in the garage, and it's back in service.

I suppose someday I'll have to replace it, but this
Amana RR-6W is still going strong, and has only been
in service for 39 years.  Built like a brick outhouse,
it's truly well-constructed inside.  And heavy.  If you
poke it hard enough to scoot it on the table you will
need a splint afterwards.  And it doesn't beep, I like
that.  To date it has needed:

1) New filter capacitors on the timer board
2) Interior lamp
3) Clean and reattach the door window glass
4) Line fuse

It was made 100% in the USA, by companies such as Amana,
Litton, Raytheon, Advance, etc.

I would call it the 240D of microwaves.

-- Jim