Problem is getting to the lamp socket. The bulb clips to the lens which
comes out. Cant get to the wire connections without taking  the outer cover
off.
Yeah I can drill a hole through the trunk and duckt tape a light to the car.
Remember I said the lights flicker on when wiggling the harness where it
goes inside the cavity.