We will never really know exactly what happened to Erik Scott because that
security camera (at COSTCO main entrance), and only that one camera, failed
that day, according to COSTCO and LVPD (yeah, right!).  As many of us know,
eyewitness evidence is the least reliable of all, as the many conflicting
accounts confirm.  The transcript of the 911 call is now available (possibly
altered) and it does not support the observed police over-reaction, which
included multiple ground units, a mobile command post, and a helicopter.
The initial shooter (the cop) shot and killed another citizen earlier and he
is no longer in the LVPD.  But why did the other cops open fire when there
was no threat to them?  This whole story smacks of gross misinformation in
the police communications channels plus one trigger-happy ex-cop. Crap
happens.

But I'll reiterate my initial point: there is little to be gained by acting
confrontational with police officers in the field (even if they are acting
like fools).

Scott