I'm still investigating a battery for the '82 240D/3.0.

I talked with the manager of the local NAPA store this afternoon and
asked him about the batteries Interstate took away from his store, as
Curly suggested, hoping to get an outdated one at a discount. He was
quite confident that Interstate didn't do that, but said he would ask
rep when he visited the store in 11 days (9 Feb). Their normal price
is $184.95. The warranty is 2.5 year free replacement / 6 year prorated
warranty.

Pep Boys has a Bosch Premium Performance Battery Group Size 49
Part #49-850B, SKU: 9073755, for $150.99.
[http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/9073755/00707/parts/batteries_accessories/automotive_batteries]
These have a 3-year free replacement / 8 year prorated warranty.

They also have a $20 rebate effective until Saturday and 25% off online
orders over $75. Those would make it $93.24.

Wal-Mart has an EverStart MAXX group 49 with a5 Year Warranty Program
(3 Years Free Replacement + 2 Years Prorated) for $121.

It seems the Bosch from Pep Boys is what I should go for.

Comments?

Craig