TBP has all kinds of schemes that generally involve getting money, somehow, from the gummint to support them and make him money. He had some big thing with wind machines a coupla years ago if I recall.

I have met his boy, Tom I think, a coupla times, who appears to have fallen far from the tree, and hit every branch on the way down.
--R

Funny how the rich guys seem to be able to get the gummit goobers to rob the populace for them. (at gunpoint)

Big topic here and now is if texas oil bazillionaires can use eminent domain to run a pipleline for their enrichment. Same for some other rich folk to run a DC powerline to the East, with no usage in state. It has been likened to allowing eminent domain to be used to build a private toll road parallel to I-80 with no on ramps or off ramps in the state. Put that way, it seems obviously wrong. As a pipeline or powerline, it does not seem so wrong, unless it is your land they want to tear up.

They have found some loophole that will allow them to become a "public utility" with no customers, but then they can use eminent domain for personal enrichment.

From personal experience, 2 overland highlines and one LP pipeline ran over our land when I was young. In each case, the company lied about what they would do and what they would not do. The contractors ran through muddy fields and made a huge mess each time. The companies did not pay restitution like they promised. Contractors/transmission companies will run through the fields and damage crops as long as the highline or pipeline exists without compensation.

In theory, we need to move crude from ND to refineries. That is in the national interest. However, the landowners should get a piece of the action, not be screwed on installation, and screwed evermore.