Maybe, maybe not.  The cap is supposed to keep it slightly pressurized, but if
you've got a known leak, then perhaps you also have a cracked head or leaking
head gasket.

My theory on why OM603 cracked heads keep the system pressurized:  exhaust gas
under high pressure gets dissolved into the coolant.  Think seltzer water.
Your can buy a test kit at Napa / FLAPS for testing the coolant for presence of
exhaust by-products, make sure to get one specifically for diesel engines.

You can also send an oil sample for lab analysis to see if coolant is mixing
into the oil.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC

On February 14, 2015 10:59:05 AM EST, dseretakis--- via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote: I went to add