Dan,

You may want to take a look at a Volt now.  Lady who works in the same building
as I has had one for over a year now, it was new but from a previous model year
(I think it was two years behind?).  It was heavily discounted, I think $23k,
and still eligible for the big federal rebate.  I think it was located out of
state, so they bought it sight unseen, had to wait for it to be shipped to the
local dealer.

Her only complaint was that the high heat in our parking lot, with no shade,
would significantly reduce the range on battery, probably because of the big AC
requirement as soon as you started driving.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC