You can check chain stretch easily when adjusting the valves (or just when the valve cover is off). Details in the manual, I have done but don't remember exactly, I think there are marks on the top cam gear and you can tell how "off" it is by degrees. if it is less than the spec then you are good, if not, replace the chain.

--R