I never tested with IR thermometer.
I did not block tstat open. The last major thing I did was change that leaking
short hose as I was convinced the problem stemmed from there. I was obviously
wrong.
My Indy modified the tstat making bottom plate smaller. Not sure what his
reasoning was but it didn't seem to change anything.

Sent from my iPhone