On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 11:53:32 -0500 Dan Penoff via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> http://www.hi-lift.com

All this talk of Hi-Lift jacks piqued my curiosity as to what I have in
that type of jack, so I just went out into the garage and looked over the
jack: It's a red Hi-Lift jack!

I lent it to a friend who was working on his house about 10 years ago. I
didn't inspect it when he returned it, but later discovered the main
steel bar was curved with a fairly large radius instead of being
straight.

I have wondered if it would be possible to straighten it, but haven't had
the equipment to do so. Since I found out that it's cast iron, maybe that
would be unsafe.

In looking that the website Dan linked, I found they sell the individual
parts. The 48" bar (which I have) is $21.78. The 60" bar is $24.59. They
also have a Fix-It-Kit that includes the climbing pins and springs, the
safety shear bolt and nut, and a tube of grease for $25.51.

So, they are a company which makes an outstanding product and supports
it, too!

Craig