So in my road trip ponderings this past weekend, and in others, I have noticed these big RV dealers here and there along the interstate roads. They have hundreds of buses and trailers parked on a few acres of land. Must be several $millions worth of inventory just sitting there. I wonder how that bidness operates, how many of those things they actually sell new or used or whatever it is the items are. Those big buses must be a coupla $hundredk easy, and those trailers look spendy too. How does anyone make any money on that stuff? Are the markups so high that even with the carrying costs they can make a bit of profit? Do the manufacturers just keep churning these things out and use those dealers for parking spaces?

--R (who has little else to ponder on the boring I-26 route)