I have been listening to the inane commentary on NPR about this pipeline bidness. It is quite interesting how the opponents have managed to turn the discussion around aspects that are either 1) wrong, 2) irrelevant, 3) conflated, 4) partially true, 5) idiotic, 6) ignoring certain other factual aspects, 7) all of the above. And the "journalists" let it all slide without making the interviewees be rigorous in their arguments. It is a wonder to behold, I remember now why I missed sending in some dinero during the begathon the last 3 weeks. Note that this has nothing to do with my opinion on the matter, just an observation on how it has all unfolded. Even one of my TEA party-type friends was ecstatic Obama vetoed the bill, and got lots of likes from other flaming lib friends on his view. I tried to point out some aspects of his views on the matter that were positively wrong but he would not be swayed by facts.

--R