http://www.forbes.com/sites/joshsteimle/2014/05/14/am-i-the-only-techie-against-net-neutrality/

"Many of us see the U.S. government as a benevolent and all-knowing parent
with the best interests of you and me, its children, at heart. I see the
U.S. government as a dangerous tyrant, influenced by large corporate
interests, seeking to control everyone and everything. Perhaps these
diverging perspectives on the nature of the U.S. government are what
account for a majority of the debate between proponents and opponents of
Net Neutrality. If I believed the U.S. government was omniscient, had only
good intentions, and that those intentions would never change, I would be
in favor of Net Neutrality and more. But it wasn’t all that long ago that
FDR was locking up U.S. citizens of Japanese ancestry in concentration
camps and Woodrow Wilson was outlawing political dissent. More recently
we’ve seen the U.S. government fight unjust wars, topple elected
democracies, and otherwise interfere in world affairs. We’ve seen the same
government execute its own citizens in violation of Fifth Amendment rights
<http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/07/19/197159/judge-torn-over-lawsuit-in-drone.html>
guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution. Simply put–I don’t trust the U.S.
government. Nor do I trust any other government, even if “my team” wins the
election. I see any increase in regulation, however well-intentioned,
however beneficial to me today, as leading to less freedom for me and
society in the long term. For this reason those who rose up against SOPA
and PIPA <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_against_SOPA_and_PIPA> a
few years ago should be equally opposed to Net Neutrality."

'Nuff said.

-MMM-