You do know that the mental health system, such as it was, was dismantled under Reagan because that is what mental health "advocates" wanted -- they believed that the system as it was violated the rights of mentally ill people by forcing them into treatment or hospitals or whatever, against their will. So Reagan et al. gave them what they wanted, rights for the mentally ill to decide what they wanted or needed. So now we have mentally ill people with their rights who can't get the treatment they need, or who refuse it because it is their right to do so, and live on the streets and damage themselves and others with their freedom.

Of course, no one saw that one coming...

--R