On Mar 5, 2015 4:49 PM, "Scott Ritchey via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> to this but I'm concerned about inappropriate use, particularly by the
young
> folks.  A little Google searching turned up SkyDog (no longer available),
> BUC Tools box or router (looks promising),  iBoss router, and several
> Linksys routers that have parental controls.

I wouldn't use the embedded "parental controls" on a consumer router.  Just
bias.

For your situation I'd suggest something like openDNS for content
filtering, but it is really easy to bypass when used alone.  If you set up
your router to filter all other DNS requests, though, you're getting into
real geek territory to bypass.

A quick search found someone using DD-WRT to do this.  Can't vouch for the
source but it looks about right:
http://www.4thinker.com/parental-control.html

DD-WRT also has the advantage of being able to configure a captive portal
and welcome page, so you can easily block abusive users and make your use
expectations clear. (That said I use a chromecast in my Sunday School class
and that wouldn't work on a captive portal, though it would work fine on a
separate secure SSID.)

Lastly, I'd be remiss if I didn't remind you to come up with a plan for
staff to exempt them from the blocks.  Some day it will happen that the
association of evangelicals, or something important anyway, will be blocked
at 9pm Saturday, and you don't want to be the one man with the key.  If
you're using DD-WRT throughout that could be as simple as a second SSID, or
if you only have one at the head you could probably configure a captive
portal login for important users.

Feel free to contact off list if you have specific questions, or I'm not
answering on list. :)

Best,
Tim