Good luck in getting the buttons to work properly. Currently I have to punch the button next to the defrost button to get the fan running, and then punch the middle or button on its right to get hot or cold. Spraying the buttons mechanisms with Deoxit improved the situation but I still have to go through the process of getting the fan running, and then punching the hot or cold button. I replaced all three control units with used units from Arizona, which didn't work at all until I resoldered the button unit. (The original unit had burnt up while driving; probably because I accidentally punched two buttons simultaneously). The Arizona units had the same defects. I suspect that the problem might be in the pushbutton contacts or the mechanisms that engage one while disingaging another.
Gerry

All good reasons I love the 240D and older cars with the dual heat manual controls. ACC was a gimmick to sell expensive cars, but is never allowed separate R and L control, and is always breaking. ($$$$)

My favorite 300D would be a 240D 3.0