To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:09 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Why we drive old Mercedes Benz Cars

Today we learned that a HS friend of my daughter was burned beyond any
recognition after her 2005 Toyota hit a rock  pillar at the entrance to a
park and then burned.  It took them almost a week to find out who it
was.  There was not enough of the vehicle left to get a VIN from, and the
aluminum license plates melted away.  The fire was fueled not only by
gasoline, but by all the plastic inside and outside the vehicle.

This is a sickening event, and one that is unlikely in our well designed
solid old cars. Many of us have been involved in accidents in our Mercedes and walked away. My daughter was T boned in her SL 2 years ago, and walked
away.  It was the kind of accident that had reportedly caused many lesser
vehicles to burn.

Each member of my family has been hit in their Mercedes in the past 4
years. Each has walked or driven away. Fortunately, my last run-in was 23
years ago when the Pinto pulled out into my ol rusty trusty winter 190Dc
and was wiped out.

I believe my SDL may be the safest car on the road, if there is such a
thing with all the idiots they let drive now.

Drive safe.  Friends don't let friends drive Toyotas, ________, _________,
.... Or __________! You fill in the blanks.