This has been around for a while but if you have not seen it, it is worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcDN409ZBv4

RB

On 17/03/2015 4:20 PM, Rich Thomas via Mercedes wrote:
Well for entry level that would be fine until you learn how to fly one fairly well. They will crash so you need the replacement props and other bits which probably doubles the initial cost. You can fly around the house or park or whatever and get some vids, refine your techniques and see if you like it then move up. The fancier ones like the Parrot have a GPS return-home feature if the battery gets low, or they lose control signal or something.

You could also go hobby on it, buy all the bits and build your own. THere is a good web site for that http://diydrones.com/

Here's one you can build from e-junk
http://hackaday.com/2014/04/01/e-waste-quadcopter-lifts-your-spirits-while-keeping-costs-down

--R