Well, I'm going to add some stuff simply because I can't take any more of the
bickering...it's making my eyes hurt as I read it.  Personally, I think the
Earth may be both warming and cooling.  Why, the magnetic poles are trying to
flip.  Now, if you read the science, which according to some on this list is
either gospel or hocus pocus.  Anyway, as the poles flip the Earth's magnetic
fields strengthen and weaken.  If you look at the current map of Antarctica, it
is experiencing both cooling on one side and warming on the other.  Again, if
you read the stories, when the magnetic fields weaken, it lets in more of the
cosmic radiation which is an efficient source of heating.  Now, since the
reports indicate that the magnetic fields have weakened a good deal since 1900,
could this be causing some warming?  And also, causing some cooling?  I'm not a
physics PHD, so I don't know, but it seems just as plausible as man made global
warming.
Now comes the question, if it is the poles flipping causing this, how much
money can world governments spend to stop it and how can Al Gore claim that he
is responsible for the poles flipping?  So, I throw this in to provide yet
another possible scenario to be debated with no absolute answer in sight as no
one was around 750,000 yrs ago.
Best Wishes and have a happy and restful weekend,
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.
Monroe, Ga.